Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Pattern: Model and Drafting Pattern combination

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
siza2000
1882 Views, 6 Replies

Surface Pattern: Model and Drafting Pattern combination

Is there a way to create a surface pattern that combine model and drafting patterns?  For example, a stone wall with 4'x6' joint that can be created as model pattern.  But it would be great to show texture (maybe dots) in elevation to be separated from other materials.  Did anyone have any suggestion or experiences?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
L.Maas
in reply to: siza2000

I would say filters.

Create a Filter for your walls.

Make the filte so that it only selects the wall(s) you need to change.

In your elevation view apply that filter and assign a (slightly) different material to that filter.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 7
siza2000
in reply to: L.Maas

The purpose is to keep the model pattern (4'x6') and dotted pattern together.  By filter, it is similar as "override graphics in view", it will change 4'x6' pattern to other patterns and will not keep both.  Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 7
L.Maas
in reply to: siza2000

The only other way I can quickly think of is to create material with a new alternative (model) hatch pattern. This new hatch pattern should then contain the 4'x6' and dots or something similar. This can of course then be combined with filters to apply it only to certain walls.

I do not see options to combine model hatch pattern with drafting hatch patterns.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 7
Merlijn

The two walls has to be the same material

I still thinking about your last post, perheps that's the only way to do this. If someboby really really want to see the 'right' colors for the materials i could alway use filters. So i give it a try, thanks!

Message 6 of 7
l.derosso

Hi L.Mass

@L.Maas wrote:

'This new hatch pattern should then contain the 4'x6' and dots or something similar. '

How do I do that? Has anyone done that?

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: l.derosso

You can do it in revit 2019 material editor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report