Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sun path anlysis and Revit

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Loofer
1617 Views, 5 Replies

sun path anlysis and Revit

Sorry about the vague question but I've been asked if I can produce a sun path analysis (shadow analysis) for a client and I'm looking at various options. The two most obvious which have been pointed out are Vasari or Revit with Ecotect analysis.  Vasari is easy to get a price on as is Ecotect but Revit seems to come in different flavours (Arch, Struct, IT) and I'm finding big price ranges (£2500 - £5000)

Could anyone tell me what type of Revit I need to produce this and give me some idea of a UK price please? I have looked myself online but as i say I'm just confusing myself.

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Loofer

You could do it with any Revit, and according to this list of features:

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/revitlt_revit2013_comparison_matrix_final.pdf

it could be done with Revit LT. That would be the most affordable choice. I suggest you to download a trial version of Revit LT, and try. Then, ask your reseller in the UK about the price.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
Loofer
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

That's great, thanks Alfredo!

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

i would recommed looking at Vasari first since its free: http://autodeskvasari.com/

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Loofer

Darren, I downloaded Vasari initially after your recommendation but couldn't find the sun analysis tools which is why I asked about Ecotect here. I've had a bit more time to dig about in it and have since got myself sorted, it does indeed do the job, thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

i would recommed looking at Vasari first since its free: http://autodeskvasari.com/

i don't believe revit lt does sun path analysis

The Sun Path tool was introduced in Revit in the 2011 version. You can obtain accurate shadows for any date and time of the year, and you can do an animation to show how the building receives sunlight, and what shadows it generates, in a day, in a range of dates, or in a year. There is also an energy analysis tool. The modeling tools of Vasari are already contained in the full Revit, too. There might be a few features in Vasari that might be different or look different, but in general, Vasari is a product that focuses on a certain area, the conceptual design stage, and that is targeted for people who do not need to have the full Revit but just want to work on schematic design. But if you have the full Revit you don't need to switch to Vasari to do these things. 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report