Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestions for revit

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
neilparrish
537 Views, 6 Replies

suggestions for revit

A few small changes that would help revit speed and functionality immensley:

1. If you are in a detail view, could you please add the option "add to sheet" to the right click menu. It would save an immense amount of time from the current drag and drop options.

2.  a simple hyperlink tool that would allow you to make "smart" references to drawings in notes and schedules that would be self-updating.  

3. A option to automatically number details as they are placed and rearranged on sheets such as "begin numbering bottom/top right/left" 

Thank you!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I think your wish # 2 already exists (not for schedules but for other views). It's the View Reference tool.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 7
neilparrish
in reply to: neilparrish

So it does.  Thank you for pointing that out!  Ask and you shall receive.

If I am just ignoring the other 2 as well, please let me know.

Thank you for the help,

NP

Message 4 of 7

One question about the view reference tool you pointed out.  We have tried to set up a tag that displays the drawing number and sheet reference and for some reason the origin point is set 4-6" below the text. As a result, when you go to move the family once it is imported into the project, you cannot simply grab it without zooming out and finding the origin.  Both reference planes in the family have the box used to define origin checked although it is greyed out.  Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

NP

Message 5 of 7

Yes, unfortunately, that family has that issue, and the distance of that origin point to the reference varies depending on the scale of the view. It's not something that the user can modify.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 7

Nonetheless it is still a very helpful tool. Thank you for repsonding.

Message 7 of 7

The view reference tool is not the same as creating a hyperlink within a note (as the wish list described). It's a work-able solution, but it's not the same thing. A user must place the view reference adjacent to the text note, giving the illusion that the link is embedded with the text. 

However, having the option to add a smart link to a view in a schedule (a different issue altogether) would also be a grand improvement. Let us refer to a view from the schedule. I don't want to have to place a drafting view populated with reference tag(s) over my schedule anymore. There's got to be a way to make this work.

And, as long as your at it, maybe the developers can figure out a way to refer to views from the keynote txt file - that would be awesome!

Adam Nicholes, Assoc AIA, M.Arch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report