Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student copying

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1353 Views, 9 Replies

Student copying

Is ther a way to determine if a student has copyied a file in Revit as opposed to doing his own work?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
BalajiHTI
in reply to: Anonymous

You can see the File history from Collaborate Tab so you will know how the file is incrementally saved from time to time and by which user.

Show File History

Message 3 of 10
loboarch

You could compare the Element IDs of the same elements in 2 projects. If they have the same element ID then one is a literal copy of the other file. If they have different Element ID numbers then you know both files are unique at least as far as the authorship.

This however would not reveal if an element was cut/copied from one file and pasted into another.  In that case the act of pasting would assign a new element ID.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

Where do I locate the element ID's?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Thankyou.  This is very helpful

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Found it.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I have a student that has saved his revit NER project as a Central Model.  How can that Central Model status be undone so that it is simply a revit file?

Message 8 of 10
loboarch

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a student that has saved his revit NER project as a Central Model.  How can that Central Model status be undone so that it is simply a revit file?

They need to disable worksets.  That will change the file back to a "normal" file.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-6A3C4C65-ED01-4F73-8F7E-5D63F205CF9B

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 9 of 10
suhaizam

where i can see the file ID sir
Message 10 of 10
Mike.FORM

Select an item and the 'IDs of Selection' will become clickable in the Manage Tab.

MikeFORM_0-1700772802765.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report