Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck in "modify" mode

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
dalameida
55166 Views, 18 Replies

stuck in "modify" mode

I'm currently in a drawing in Revit 2012 and can not exit "modify: mode.  The ribbon does not display the checkmark or "X" to exit. I've cycled through different ribbons but can't exit.

Thanks

Donald

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
arunag
in reply to: dalameida

See that your Revit 2012 is up to date with service pack2 and also has the hotfix 

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore
Message 3 of 19
dalameida
in reply to: arunag

Thanks,  I'll look to see where to find service packs.

Donald

Message 4 of 19
dalameida
in reply to: arunag

The communication center states that my software is up to date, any other suggests?  The problem only occurs in one project file.

I appreciate the assistance.

Message 5 of 19
David_W_Koch

That hotfix can be found here:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/hotfix-autodes...

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 19
dalameida

Thanks, that was easy enough, still stuck in the mode in the one file fthough, I'll try going back a couple backups to see if I can get out.

much apprciate the information.

Message 7 of 19
dalameida

I'm still stuck in modify mode, is there a key command that I can use to "accept" the change?

Message 8 of 19
dalameida

I may be good now thanks for your help
Message 9 of 19
mikeszilagyi

having a similiar problem in edit mode, with revit 2015, esc or modiydoes not cancel the action or let me out, have to save and close and reopen, anyone have afix?

Michael

@dalameida wrote:

I'm currently in a drawing in Revit 2012 and can not exit "modify: mode.  The ribbon does not display the checkmark or "X" to exit. I've cycled through different ribbons but can't exit.

Thanks

Donald

Message 10 of 19
mikeszilagyi

having a similiar problem in edit mode, with revit 2015, esc or modiydoes not cancel the action or let me out, have to save and close and reopen, anyone have afix?

Michael

Message 11 of 19
jrucinski
in reply to: mikeszilagyi

This happens to me about once in awhile in revit 2015.  If it is a central model, I've been able to get out of the edit mode by trying the "synchronize now" button.  An error appears that synchronization isn't allow when you are in edit mode, then like magic the X and checkmark options come back to close the edit session.

Message 12 of 19
arathgeber

Just experienced this as well when trying to copy/monitor from a linked file.  The synchronize now option was unavailable, but I was able to use the undo arrows at the top ribbon to exit out of the edit mode.

Message 13 of 19
ToanDN
in reply to: arathgeber

@arathgeber wrote:

Just experienced this as well when trying to copy/monitor from a linked file.  The synchronize now option was unavailable, but I was able to use the undo arrows at the top ribbon to exit out of the edit mode.

Or you can assign a keyboard shortcut to the command and type it in to finish it when you are stuck in Edit mode.

Capture.PNG

Message 14 of 19

save the project and it will save it as it was before u entered into the editing. once saved the finish tick and cross re appear 

Message 15 of 19
aaj157
in reply to: ToanDN

"FG" did the trick!

Message 16 of 19
steve.zebrowski

the only comment that actually helps.  thanks.

Message 17 of 19
jasonmccool8686

Undo was the only thing out of all the suggestions that worked for me when experiencing a similar problem in steel plate edit mode in Revit 2022. Thanks for mentioning that!
Message 18 of 19
leoniegorman

The undo arrows worked for me! Thank you! 

Message 19 of 19

this worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report