Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Walls

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tonkata
316 Views, 5 Replies

Structural Walls

What's the best way to tackle these piers, should I be using a Structural Column or Structural Wall?

wall.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I prefere Structural Columns because, being Editable Familes , they coud receive parameters and so, they can be easy controled and scheduled and can also be used repeated  in many instances.

Structural Walls I would using only for long elements with no much repetability..

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
awes
in reply to: tonkata

In addition to what CS mentioned the choice might depend on the structural code to be applied. The Eurocode states that the width b of a structural column shouldn't exceed 4 x thickness. Otherwise consider it as a structural wall.

Message 4 of 6
tonkata
in reply to: awes

Thanks constantin & awes. In my case it's only a school project so I won't need scheduling, and have decided to just create a 250 wide structural wall and pop those in as you see. I do however have another question, if you look closely at the infill walls, you can see a black line? I've tried join geometry but that didn't work.
Message 5 of 6

You must have the same material for the wall and column in order not to see the separation line between them...

It is normal to have a line between two diferent finishes or materials....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

Hmm... I checked that, that's not it. Maybe it's because I split the walls at the edge of those piers?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report