Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Foundation: Wall - edit profiles

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
martysaid2009
6889 Views, 6 Replies

Structural Foundation: Wall - edit profiles

Hi there.

I've created a retaining wall and used the Structural Foundation: Wall feature to set the foundation. 

The profile needs to change to something non-rectangular. Could someone outline the steps to achieve?

Is this the best practice for setting wall foundations or are there better methods?

Many thanks

Marty Said
Revit Architecture 2014
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi

I think the standard profiles Wall Foundation is the only rectangle tool And no possibility to change profiles.

But You can use Model-In-Place To resolve this problem, to use.

To do this:

1-Click on  Model-In-Place.

Wall Foundation-1.jpg

2- In the opened window Select Structural Foundation then pres Ok And enter A name Click OK.

Wall Foundation-2.jpg

3-In the families Environment select Sweep Tools.

Wall Foundation-3.jpg

4-then Select PICK PATH tools and click on the below edge wall and Finish Path.

Wall Foundation-4.jpg

5-now , select Edit profile tools and create new profile non-rectangular then click Finish.

Wall Foundation-5.jpg

6- Like the image below

Wall Foundation-6.jpg

Hope I understand you mean correctly And  I have the right answer.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7

That's exactly what I was after - thankyou! Steps were clear and easy to follow. Your help is really appreciated.

Marty Said
Revit Architecture 2014
Message 4 of 7

The problem with this comes to light when you are building a schedule and this footing just won't be represented as a footing type of a family type as would be the retaining wall footings or wall foundations that automatically attach at the base of the walls by default. It would be really nice to have the profile change option for the default footings (wall foundations).

Message 5 of 7

Hi, i am so late to this, but thanks this is exactly what i was looking for....

Message 6 of 7
kylekutz
in reply to: eduard.baba.pro

solution for your scheduling woes it to provide create a separate concrete material per schedule item type. So Concrete - footing Concrete-wall etc and do a material take off and sort by material name.

Message 7 of 7

Can the standard rectangular footing be duplicated and modified? For instance, adding a key for the wall to footing connection for use in a residential home?

Is there even a family for it? I couldn't find one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report