Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stretch building

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mpukas
2189 Views, 1 Reply

stretch building

In Revit, how can I stretch a building in one direction, including all floors, in either plan or elevation? Let's say a wing of a 3-story building is 20' long, and I want to make it 24' long.

In ACAD, there is the stretch command that uses a fence. Granted I would have to use stretch on each plan & elevation drawing, but all elements within the fence are sretched.

Do I have to move a grid, and hope that I've locked all walls on all floors to that grid so they move when the grid is moved?

Many thanks. mpp

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: mpukas

If you are trying to stretch a model that has columns, floors, walls, ceilings, etc, it depends how those elements are constrained. Elements that are already aligned and locked to a grid will move, but other things will not do that automatically. For examplet if your floors were created with an edge that was aligned and locked to the grid, yes, the floor will stretch. Otherwise, it won't. You would need to edit each floor to be aligned and locked to the grid.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report