Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Tagging Behavior

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tddonoho
202 Views, 1 Reply

Strange Tagging Behavior

Attached is a MiniBar family with a nested glass washer family.  Also attached is the Item Number Tag I use in projects.  When I tag this family, the tag appears some distance away.  Why does it not appear next to the family?  Revit 2011

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: tddonoho

The problem is in the mini-bar familiy. The content creator is responsible for checking that the familiy can be tagged normally. Whoever made the family is the only one who knows what he/she did with the origin of the family. The Back  / Front and Left / Right reference planes are missing, and the origin has been moved to the intersection of Left and Front. Which is possible, but something went wrong in the process. It seems to me that some reference planes were renamed and relocated, in a way that affected the origin that tags look for in a family, but it is difficult to determine what happened, and how to fix it.

The issue with the tag could be fixed by creating a new horizontal reference plane some feet away to the North of the mini-bar, and making that the horizontal origin. However, that will create another issue with the insertion of the family, since it is not going to follow the location of the cursor on the screen.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report