Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Revit Floor Plan / Level Problem - Not a newbie question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cve_designs
5787 Views, 4 Replies

Strange Revit Floor Plan / Level Problem - Not a newbie question

Morning All,

I have been working with Revit since version 2008 and am well aware of basic and advanced settings throughout the program. I have been developing a house for construction purposes which housed a number of floor plan and levels. 

From the start the levels have been associated with the floor plans correctly. Substructure (Floor Plan) Ground Floor FFL (Floor Plan) First Floor FFL (Floor Plan) Roof Plan (Site). Whilst I have been working on some sections I had noticed my Ground Floor FFL plan has disappeared from the project browser (See image 1), the level which is blue and still associated with the plan still exists and has not been deleted (See image 2).

I go to view and look if I can create a new floor plan and accept my annotations and data have been lost on the original but it actually says its still in existinence (see image 3). Now if I go to the section and double click the level to take me to the plan it goes directly to the roof plan.

All I know is that the plan has not been deleted, the blue level still exists and that the ground floor level on sections has stretched away from all the other levels (see image 4)

Has anyone else had this problem? As well as find a solution?

Regards

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Try this: View tab > Plan views > Floor plan > Uncheck "Do not duplicate existing views" > Select "Ground Floor FFL".

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the suggestion I am aware of this and this is how I have created a duplicate view without any of the detail I had put on, so I could progress.

What I am trying to assertain is why this happened in the first place because the ground floor plan still exists in the project it's just not accessible or viewable. 

If I delete the pinned level it tells me that floor plan exits and will be deleted.

Message 4 of 5

I don't know. I could not identify a reason by reading your post and looking at your images. (By the way, Image 4 was not posted). That's why I suggested to create the view again.

I see that you have the Ground Floor FFL ceiling plan, so I suppose that both floor plan and ceiling plan were created at the same time.

Is it possible that the Ground Floor FFL has been messed up with the roof plan, somehow?. Maybe one of these two levels was renamed without renaming the corresponding views? It is hard to tell.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5

Thats the strange thing. When you click the level it goes to the roof plan but they have not been renamed as I require both plans and levels. So it puzzles me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report