Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange dark shadows on Render

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dianeb_acs365
864 Views, 3 Replies

Strange dark shadows on Render

Im new to revit architecture 2013 and am designing office interiors.

Many of the models I use are downloaded from manufacture websites which are a mixture of 3ds and dwg files. I import these into sketch up to remove any material off them as otherwise I have issues applying revit textures.

However, now when I render these blocks have random dark shadows on them, triangles than don't match with the light source. I export from sketch up as a 2007 dwg file and import the cad file straight into revit project. Realistic viewport looks correct but render is effected by random shadows. The same block in a project has different shadows as if it is being effected by the light?

Any ideas?

Many thanks, Diane

office_01_2012-May-16-160112.jpg office_01_2012-May-16-160112.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

office_01_2012-May-16-160112.jpgpod_2012-May-10-133549.jpg

Message 3 of 4

Yeh, I'm happy enough with the image. It's the triangle shape shadows that appear on some of the CAD blocks that look really wrong. I have to then photoshop the image to get rid of these dark lines.

Is this caused From using sketchup to convert the model or is there a setting I can change.

Message 4 of 4

The pedestals Shouldn't have them lines on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report