Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behavior of a embed generic annotation.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Fangchao.gong
215 Views, 4 Replies

Strange behavior of a embed generic annotation.

Hi, everyone,

I am working on a project that i have to make a 3D text tag and which have also a text tag on the floor facing toward the same direction.

So i have embed a generic annotation  in a generic model. i works fine but for a reason that i don't know, some of the generic annotation disapears sometimes. but it does in the same place, i can see it when the cursor hang over. So I need to recharge the family or move the disapear item to have the tags back on my floor plan.

Please do help me. you can find in attachements the family, and the screen shot i've made.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
alan.quinn
in reply to: Fangchao.gong

I tested in 2014 and 2015 and your family appears to be working as expected. I have attached my test files for review. Please respond to the following:

1. Is this happening in all projects or just one?

2. When you say "So I need to recharge the family or move the disapear item to have the tags back on my floor plan", what do you mean? How do you recharge?

3. If this issue is confined to one project check that you do not have large coordinates int he file.

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 5
Fangchao.gong
in reply to: alan.quinn

Hi,Alan,

Thanks a lot for your answer, and the test that you've done.

I have do the same test with your file. and i noticed that when i active the project worksets and the tags just disapear as i had in my file.

So, in order to find the probleme, please find in the attachement the central file (Revit 2014).

For reparing this kind of strange behavior, i have to move the element. I can drag it 1 meter on the left, and then 1 meter on right. it just appears in the original position.

The another solution, is to recharge the family. So, i just have to make a tiny modification in the family, and then erase it in order to overwrite all the family instance in the project.

Ps. Happy new year!

Message 4 of 5
Fangchao.gong
in reply to: alan.quinn

Hi,Alan,

Thanks a lot for your answer, and the test that you've done.

I have do the same test with your file. and i noticed that when i active the project worksets and the tags just disapear as i had in my file.

So, in order to find the probleme, please find in the attachement the central file (Revit 2014).

For reparing this kind of strange behavior, i have to move the element. I can drag it 1 meter on the left, and then 1 meter on right. it just appears in the original position.

The another solution, is to recharge the family. So, i just have to make a tiny modification in the family, and then erase it in order to overwrite all the family instance in the project.

Ps. Happy new year!

Message 5 of 5
alan.quinn
in reply to: Fangchao.gong

Thanks for the additional information. Yes, this is a issue that development is aware of. A code change was added between 2014 and 2015 to address it. As you found out a quick work-a-round is to alter the family and re-load. I'm not sure if you are in a position to upgrade to 2015 but I'm not sure what else I can offer at this time.

I have attached your file upgraded to 2015 for review. I hope this helps and happy new year to you also.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report