Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Story Above and Structure Tool Level

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
GHASEM_ARIYANI
1931 Views, 5 Replies

Story Above and Structure Tool Level

Hi

Honestly I think no matter how I do not understand the options Story Above and Structure Tool Level When should I

use.

Please explain with an example.

Level Revit 2014.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lanl
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

Hi gh_ar,

Please check the link below, it explains these settings in detail:

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/Revit/files/GUID-5F22D076-345B-4539-9362-483CF898A77E.ht...

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 6
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: lanl

hi

Thanks for your answer.

I've studied them thoroughly,But do not know what will change.

Please check example.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
lanl
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

Hi gh_ar,

The Building Story option affects IFC export (split walls/columns), for "Story Above" and "Structural", these two settings don't affect other functions, you could use them as filters for Level schedule.

Thanks.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 5 of 6
GHASEM_ARIYANI

hi Thanks for your answer.
Message 6 of 6
gegetf

Hi there,

I was wondering if the Story Above parameter can be used to define the top contrain "Level Above" in the View Range options?

I use Revit MEP and created a ceiling type level (V00_ceiling) for my air terminal units. My View Range in the View Template is set up from bottom Associated Level (V00) to top Level Above (V01). V00_ceiling is between V00 and V01. Even if I set the Story Above parameter of my V00 level to V01 (thus skipping the ceiling level), my top view range will remain the ceiling level.

Can you confirm this?

Thanks is advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report