Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel clad walls with girts...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
361 Views, 2 Replies

Steel clad walls with girts...

Hi all, Am wondering which is the best way to model the above: curtain wall or solid wall? I am thinking a curtain wall should be the way to go and would save a bit of time with the detailing of the sections. or just use a "generic" solid wall and fix up the detailing manually on the sections etc. Can anyone enlighten me? TIA Adam
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Adam, You could do this using R7 curtain wall using the same methods people are using to create butt-glazed curtainwall with mullions behind the glass. You could make a mullion family that has your girt profile in it and a panel family that is your metal panel. If you create your profile sketch so it does not intersect the X-axis (horizontal ref plane) of the profile family, the panels will not be trimmed back to the mullion extents. This way to panel will line up correctly on the behind it. -matt "Revit_Noob" wrote in message news:41b78def_2@newsprd01... > Hi all, > > Am wondering which is the best way to model the above: > curtain wall or solid wall? > > I am thinking a curtain wall should be the way to go and > would save a bit of time with the detailing of the sections. > > or > > just use a "generic" solid wall and fix up the detailing manually > on the sections etc. > > Can anyone enlighten me? > > > TIA > > Adam >
Message 3 of 3
au_NT
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for your help Matt - i'll look into that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report