Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting new project

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
franshley
174 Views, 2 Replies

starting new project

Hello, I am new user to revit architecture 2008 and I have questions and hope that anybody out there can answer it. I went to start a new project and so I went to file menu,clicked on new and project, which brought me to the new project dialogue box and I then selected a template file which was in my Imperial templates folder. I selected this template file, which by the way did not have the extension .rte and clicked on open. At the bottom of my screen it showed me that it was loading the file. all the info comes up in my project browser but when i select, for example, to see the floor plan, i get a blank screen! If I double click on it, for a brief second a window pops up but then disappears. I cannot find anyway to view this file that I loaded. If anybody can answer this question, I would appreciated alot.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: franshley

Do you mean you see a screen showing only the 4 elevation tags? (4 boxes with triangles on them pointing inward).

If so - you won't see a floor plan because you have not drawn one yet. The template file brings in all of the styles (dimension, text, etc) and title blocks - basically everything you will need to help create the file - but there is no file started until you draw something.

B
Message 3 of 3
franshley
in reply to: franshley

thank you BMAT, I understand now what you are saying.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report