Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standing Seam wall constuction

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
golf32902
1258 Views, 4 Replies

Standing Seam wall constuction

Ok, here is the problem that I am having.

I am trying to make a wall and I lay it out correctly but then an error pops up.

(Error: Row 3: Layer Function Priorities cannot ascend from the Core Boundary to the Finish Face)

Here is the construction of the wall.

1   Finish [4]                       Roofing, Standing Seam (aka standing seam wall panels)

2   Substrate [2]                 Plywood, Sheathing

3   Thermal /Air Layer [3]   Rigid insulation

4                 Core Boundary

5   Structure [1]                  Metal Stud

6                 Core Boundary

7   Finish [4]                       Gypsum Wall Board

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mpwuzhere
in reply to: golf32902

The numbers have to go sequential to the outside....so you have to have 1,2,3,4....

So like the Error says, row 3 cannot happen as 1,3,2,4 is not in ascending order...

Message 3 of 5
golf32902
in reply to: mpwuzhere

I get that it needs to go 1 2 3 4, but the way it needs to be constructed is the way it is shown, is there a way to over-ride this setting and force it to show correctly as 1 3 2 4?

Message 4 of 5
mpwuzhere
in reply to: golf32902

There are a number of ways you can do it....but it has to be sequential and perform the way you want....

For example if the Rigid needs to have priority intersection it can be part of the Core Boundary and be assigned a 1 value....then you can have your plywood with a 2

Or you can change plywood to Finish 4 and the standing seam to Finish 5

Message 5 of 5
golf32902
in reply to: mpwuzhere

I changed the Plywood and the Standing seam like you said, and it works like a charm. Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report