Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard UK and Ireland Walls with a wrap in Revit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
459 Views, 1 Reply

Standard UK and Ireland Walls with a wrap in Revit

Hi I have posted this in the AUGI site as well, so apologies for anyone reading this again:

In the UK the blockwork on a cavity wall will return to the outside of the wall as shown on the Revit file. The issue is that we will have external and internal block work as well and should tie in accordingly, but does not. The reason for this is due to the core boundary. I had to create the blockwork on the cavity wall below the wrap to get the return. We would not need to detail the dpc, but that could also be useful as shown on the ADT drawing.

I do not want to add a cavity closure on the window/door family, but keep this assigned to the wall to look exactly as is on the drawing so the hatching is well defined. I have attached a similar ADT 2007 drawing to how it should appear.

The only way around this is to select the block wall that is joining incorrectly and the right click and unjoin and pull it back to meet the blockwork on the cavity. Then a join geometry can be applied. Obviously you would not want to do this for every single internal block wall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Revit file and ADT file.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
willsud
in reply to: Anonymous

Continuing from the AUGI discussion, I've had a look around and found this tutorial on the topic by David Duarte..
http://revitbeginners.blogspot.com/2006/08/wall-layer-wrapping-control.html

amazing what you find in these helpful blogs 😉

cheers,
William

William Sutherland
Architect, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report