Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stairs survey - monolithic stairs to floor slab

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
archimedia_03
2510 Views, 3 Replies

Stairs survey - monolithic stairs to floor slab

Hi - I am working on a building survey model currently and am having a problem with the concrete stairs in that I can't get the underside to finish correctly to the floor slab - please see the attached image - I can get it to work where I have a half landing - however I cant get it to work at the start of any runs. 

Each floor has two runs - which differ in riser heights so I have to produce different runs for  each floor - I manage to get the monolithic underside to work correctly at the end of each 1st run as I am making a landing and it automatically works, but the second run is a separate stairs that isn't linked to the first run or it's landing, and therefore the underside doesnt work right. I have been on this for ages and getting no where, any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbcarch
in reply to: archimedia_03

Not ideal, but--

One way would be to make the landings floors, and apply a slab-edge with a correct profile so the joins will work.

What version of Revit are you using?

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 4
archimedia_03
in reply to: cbcarch

thanks that's not a bad idea it would mean that I would need a profile for each run as the stair pitch differs.

Surely there must be a way to do this in the stair component directly? it just seems very difficult and I am sure I am not the first to have this problem

Regards

Message 4 of 4

Just to let anyone else know - I found a solution to this thanks to help from a user at RevitCity - 

For a component stairs -

Select Stair - edit stair - select run of stair - extend below riser - Use a negative amount

For a Stair by Sketch - 

Select Stair - edit stair - edit type -extend below bas - apply negative amount - 

Thanks to Pijpiwo at RevitCity for this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report