Revit Architecture

*David Metcalf
Message 1 of 4 (447 Views)

Stairs in Revit Tutorials

447 Views, 3 Replies
09-27-2004 12:14 PM
Good afternoon folks, I am trying out the tutorial installed along with Revit 6.1 and found a behavior with the stair railing where mirroring either the stair or the building with stairs results with one of the railings being offset and rotated off by 90 degrees from one of the stairs. This occurred with another Revit 5 tutorial of a different building model. One out of three trainees (including myself) in the training room experienced this issue. So I know it cannot be just the files from the tutorial. Does anyone have any experience with this and can they tell me how to avoid it? Thanks! David
Active Contributor
Miguel Miranda
Message 2 of 4 (447 Views)

Re: Stairs in Revit Tutorials

09-28-2004 06:07 AM in reply to: *David Metcalf
I had the same problem.
Just delete the railing and create another one ( by host) in the same place.

regards,
miguel mikranda
*Scott Davis
Message 3 of 4 (447 Views)

09-28-2004 07:16 AM in reply to: *David Metcalf
Mirror the stair only, the handrails should mirror with it. "David Metcalf" wrote in message news:41586693_2@newsprd01... > Good afternoon folks, > > I am trying out the tutorial installed along with Revit 6.1 and found a > behavior with the stair railing where mirroring either the stair or the > building with stairs results with one of the railings being offset and > rotated off by 90 degrees from one of the stairs. > > This occurred with another Revit 5 tutorial of a different building model. > One out of three trainees (including myself) in the training room > experienced this issue. > > So I know it cannot be just the files from the tutorial. Does anyone have > any experience with this and can they tell me how to avoid it? > > Thanks! > David > >
*David Metcalf
Message 4 of 4 (447 Views)

09-28-2004 09:01 AM in reply to: *David Metcalf
Thanks! Miguel, nice tip was using rotate and align to get it back to the stair. Scott, I was windowing an entire building wing to mirror. It did not happen with another stair on the north side of the model. Thanks! David "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:415971f7$1_3@newsprd01... > Mirror the stair only, the handrails should mirror with it. > > "David Metcalf" wrote in message > news:41586693_2@newsprd01... > > Good afternoon folks, > > > > I am trying out the tutorial installed along with Revit 6.1 and found a > > behavior with the stair railing where mirroring either the stair or the > > building with stairs results with one of the railings being offset and > > rotated off by 90 degrees from one of the stairs. > > > > This occurred with another Revit 5 tutorial of a different building model. > > One out of three trainees (including myself) in the training room > > experienced this issue. > > > > So I know it cannot be just the files from the tutorial. Does anyone have > > any experience with this and can they tell me how to avoid it? > > > > Thanks! > > David > > > > > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!