Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stairs in Revit Tutorials

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
606 Views, 3 Replies

Stairs in Revit Tutorials

Good afternoon folks, I am trying out the tutorial installed along with Revit 6.1 and found a behavior with the stair railing where mirroring either the stair or the building with stairs results with one of the railings being offset and rotated off by 90 degrees from one of the stairs. This occurred with another Revit 5 tutorial of a different building model. One out of three trainees (including myself) in the training room experienced this issue. So I know it cannot be just the files from the tutorial. Does anyone have any experience with this and can they tell me how to avoid it? Thanks! David
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Miguel Miranda
in reply to: Anonymous

I had the same problem.
Just delete the railing and create another one ( by host) in the same place.

regards,
miguel mikranda
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Mirror the stair only, the handrails should mirror with it. "David Metcalf" wrote in message news:41586693_2@newsprd01... > Good afternoon folks, > > I am trying out the tutorial installed along with Revit 6.1 and found a > behavior with the stair railing where mirroring either the stair or the > building with stairs results with one of the railings being offset and > rotated off by 90 degrees from one of the stairs. > > This occurred with another Revit 5 tutorial of a different building model. > One out of three trainees (including myself) in the training room > experienced this issue. > > So I know it cannot be just the files from the tutorial. Does anyone have > any experience with this and can they tell me how to avoid it? > > Thanks! > David > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks! Miguel, nice tip was using rotate and align to get it back to the stair. Scott, I was windowing an entire building wing to mirror. It did not happen with another stair on the north side of the model. Thanks! David "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:415971f7$1_3@newsprd01... > Mirror the stair only, the handrails should mirror with it. > > "David Metcalf" wrote in message > news:41586693_2@newsprd01... > > Good afternoon folks, > > > > I am trying out the tutorial installed along with Revit 6.1 and found a > > behavior with the stair railing where mirroring either the stair or the > > building with stairs results with one of the railings being offset and > > rotated off by 90 degrees from one of the stairs. > > > > This occurred with another Revit 5 tutorial of a different building model. > > One out of three trainees (including myself) in the training room > > experienced this issue. > > > > So I know it cannot be just the files from the tutorial. Does anyone have > > any experience with this and can they tell me how to avoid it? > > > > Thanks! > > David > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report