Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stairs - Cut plane going down

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
adrian.calabria
1895 Views, 5 Replies

Stairs - Cut plane going down

Hi

I can't seem to get the stairs to cut say half way down. The normal view range for the view doesn't cut it, and niether does a plan region. Going up is great, I don't see why cutting it down is so difficult...?

Cheers

Adrian

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

could you plz post snapshots of current and desired results.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 3 of 6

Yeah sorry i should have done that to begin with. I'll post something on monday.
Essentially i dont want to see the entire stair going down.
Message 4 of 6

Ok, here it is. On the left is what I'd like revit to do, on the right is what it does.

The only work around I can think of is invisible lineweight the bits i don't want to see, detail line the 2 lines i need back in, hide the up arrow (because you can't lineweight that), redraw a new up arrow.

A bit much if you ask me, especially given that it cuts the stair 'up' without fuss.

Message 5 of 6

That is a very unusual representation, and perhaps incorrect. If there is something below the first flight of stairs, that should be shown in the first floor plan view, not in the second floor plan view.

However, if you still want to do this on the second floor, you can hide that portion with a masking region.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 6

I should clarify this is a structural representation, where we show only a few risers going up, and all BUT a few risers going down. I posted this in the architectural sub-forum because stairs are made in the architectural tab.

Would you mind posting an screenshot of how you're stairs a represented in plan?

Edit : I sould also clarify the arrow for the stair on the right (the revit stair) is the up direction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report