Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Stair tread number missing in printing in REVIT 2014

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
TroppoSA
4197 Views, 9 Replies

Stair tread number missing in printing in REVIT 2014

Stair tread number tool is wonderful. BUT it is being not printed properly. 

Example image attached:

- 'on screen' on the left is taken from my screen. The numbers are shown correctly.

- 'after print' in the middle is a black&white pdf print by adobe pdf. you can see there is the last number missing.

- 'after print-random number missing' on the right is a coloured pdf print also by adobe pdf. several numbers are missing and it happened randomly.

Is there anyone having the same problem? I tried paper printing as well and eneded up with the same problem.

A rvt file is attached for anyone who wants to try themselves.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
alan.quinn
in reply to: TroppoSA

I cannot re-create the issue. I printed your sheet directly from Revit with Visual Style set to Hidden Line, Shaded and Consistent Color. I also printed to CutePFD and printed that all numbers are visible in all sheets. I suggest trying another PC and/or checking your graphics card and drivers.

Thanks for posting,

Message 3 of 10
TroppoSA
in reply to: alan.quinn

Thanks for trying, Alan! I've tried on other pcs which had either AMD or Nvidia cards. Also I printed it to CutePDF as well. The problem still existed. The last number is always missing on the plan when it overlaps a slab or floor. It actually happens to 'UP' mark too. Anyone else having the same problem out there?
Message 4 of 10
alan.quinn

If you open a blank out of the box Revit 2014 Architecture project and add the default stair going from Level 1 to Level 2 what happens? If you add the Thread Numbers do you see all?

Thanks,

Message 5 of 10
TroppoSA

Hi Allen, I started a new project with everything by default (e.g. default project template, stair and etc). It appears the last tread number is always missing in the print if there is a floor(or slab) over it. Attached is the a snapshot of the pdf print. In it, there are two identical stairs, one with floor, another without. Please can you try the attached rvt file and print from it to see if it happens to you as well? Thanks!

Message 6 of 10
alan.quinn

Thanks for the additional files. I tested in your file and mine, and also in 2013. If you look at the video at this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11938886/08486444_Video.swf

To open copy to your desktop > open IE (or Google) > drag the file up as if you are going to open a new browser tab. It appears that Revit 2013 displays the same behavior. Depending on zoom rate for me the last thread number either showed up or not. Since I was able to re-create in a previous version and I did not find any internally logged cases it appears as if Revit is working as expected.  

Thanks again,

Message 7 of 10
TroppoSA

Allen, sorry, I have to disagree here. It is not working as expected. The problem is the last number is missing in the print-out. I can tolerate it being invisible on the screen as long as it gets printed on paper. But sadly, it doesn't, which makes this very handy tool completely wasted. I tried printing to Adobe PDF, CutePDF and a physical printer. All ended up with the same result. The last number is always missing WHEN THERE IS A FLOOR/ SLAB OVER IT. So I think I can rule out the possibility of a fault existing in the printing. It must be something wrong with Revit in this respect. Please can you try print to see if same happens to you? Thanks!
Message 8 of 10
alan.quinn

See the attached image. If you pull the floor back so its not covering the last riser the last riser number will print. It looks like Revit is try to keep us honest as in reality the floor and stair would not overlap, however, this brings up the question of how to clean up the display. Personally I would pull back the floor and use the line work tool or a masking regions. Try it out and let me know.

Thanks,

Message 9 of 10
TroppoSA

ok! I accept your explaination. but disagree this way of revit thinking. In reality, floor does overlap with stairs sometimes. Anyway, Thanks for your help!

Message 10 of 10
almeidaandre

This issue is hapenning with a project we working on  (Revit 2013). After DWG exporting and printing with missing numbers we converted all automatic tread numbers to text.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report