Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stair top end exceeds or cannot reach top elevation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kwg06516
6788 Views, 3 Replies

stair top end exceeds or cannot reach top elevation

I'm trying to create a stair to an undefined level.

Base Level: Level 1

Base Offset: 0' 0"

Top Level: None

Top Offset: 0' 0" (greyed out)

Desired Stair Height: 5' 9"

But when I create the stair I get this message:

Stair top end exceeds or cannot reach the top elevation of the stair. Add/remove risers at the top end or change top elevation settings in Stair instance properties.

It seems that no matter what I set the overall height of the stair the given riser height is fixed at 6 171/256"  What is going on here?

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mjohnson
in reply to: kwg06516

Even though its giving you that error it should still create the stair set.  If it doesnt, try setting the number of risers to 11.  This was an error that was resolved in Revit 2014.

Message 3 of 4
SteveKStafford

Needs a level assignment for both base and top. Assign Level 1 for each and provide the Top Offset that equals the total height you want. You could also assign the level above and provide a negative offset. I think it is easier (mentally) to use the same level reference and the actual height though.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 4 of 4
anca_dospel

I have noticed that in Revit 2023 the Top Level must be a different level from the Base Level (with a negative Top Offset if needed) in order to remove this warning. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report