Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair stringer position

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mbuonocore
18545 Views, 5 Replies

Stair stringer position

How can I get the tread side edge or profile (not nosing) to extend over the stringer or recess the stringer under the tread.  See photo. Revit 2010

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

1. Select Stair >Properties > Edit Type >Type Properties >Support  > Right Support ( and then Left Support ) > Stringer >Carriage Open - and Offset
  2. If you want not to have risers: Select Stair >Edit Stairs - click on stair ( not on stringer)>Edit Type > Risers - uncheck Riser

Image 2.png

Image 3.png

Image 4.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Thank you.  I thought I tried all combinations of setting in there.  Must have missed that one.

Message 4 of 6

Is there a way to keep the riser and have the stringer move up/down in relation to the nosing of the stair? I need to move the stringer, but keep the riser (stairs must be a continuous piece, for safety).

Capture_4.PNG

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: mbuonocore

Edit the stair, tab select a stringer, edit type and increase structural depth.
Message 6 of 6
mjt_tda
in reply to: mbuonocore

Hello,

I am trying to get a carriage (open) stringer to be proud of the treads. In a closed stringer, the treads are located to the inside of the stringer, how can I do this with a carriage stringer? I have searched through all the options, and cannot seem to find the correct settings. Thank you! I am using Revit 2018.3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report