Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stair landing top & bottom

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
haydenwse
4818 Views, 5 Replies

stair landing top & bottom

I can make a flight of stairs with a landing at the top but how do you make one that begins with a landing?  My stair structcure depth is 6", the rise is 7" and the landings are 8".  If I streching the first tread to make the landing it is only 7" (the height of the rise).  How do i make an 8" landing to begin a stair?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I am not sure I understood you well...is that what you want?

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
haydenwse
in reply to: haydenwse

here is a screen shot of a work-around that i have come up with.  I bured an extra step at "riser depth below the landing elevation.  then I created a landing with a floor element.  it sort of works but I get a duplication of volume and the stair and landing concrete show up in different materilal scheduls.  it also makes the 3d views have a shadow step in the landing.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

constantin.stroescu:

Hello,

How can i join the stair with the slab? Did you used a workaround?

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

no workaround...

I worked on R 2014

Architecure >Stair>Stair by Component.

Work in section view. Select the stair. Geometry >Join. Stair concrete structure will join the core of the slab...

you can also edit Stair by Component in section view:

If in section view you select the stair and then : Edit > Edit Stairs > click again on stair and Drag the round blue point from upstair ( or downstair) the height of the stair will change but not the slope. Draging the arrow blue point will keep the height but change the slope...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

constantin.stroescu:

Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report