Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stair landing top & bottom

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
haydenwse
4777 Views, 5 Replies

stair landing top & bottom

I can make a flight of stairs with a landing at the top but how do you make one that begins with a landing?  My stair structcure depth is 6", the rise is 7" and the landings are 8".  If I streching the first tread to make the landing it is only 7" (the height of the rise).  How do i make an 8" landing to begin a stair?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I am not sure I understood you well...is that what you want?

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 6
haydenwse
in reply to: haydenwse

here is a screen shot of a work-around that i have come up with.  I bured an extra step at "riser depth below the landing elevation.  then I created a landing with a floor element.  it sort of works but I get a duplication of volume and the stair and landing concrete show up in different materilal scheduls.  it also makes the 3d views have a shadow step in the landing.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

constantin.stroescu:

Hello,

How can i join the stair with the slab? Did you used a workaround?

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

no workaround...

I worked on R 2014

Architecure >Stair>Stair by Component.

Work in section view. Select the stair. Geometry >Join. Stair concrete structure will join the core of the slab...

you can also edit Stair by Component in section view:

If in section view you select the stair and then : Edit > Edit Stairs > click again on stair and Drag the round blue point from upstair ( or downstair) the height of the stair will change but not the slope. Draging the arrow blue point will keep the height but change the slope...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

constantin.stroescu:

Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report