Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Stair height problems

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cwright7080
5316 Views, 4 Replies

Stair height problems

I am trying to figure out how to make a set of stairs I put into a plan of mine reach the second floor. the second floor is set at 10' to accomodate the ceiling height of the first floor which is 9' and my set of stairs will not reach and I have the desired number of stairs set at 15 which should be enough, for I have been in houses that have 9' ceilings and counted how many stairs from the first floor to the second and it was 15. How would I fix this problem? I'm thinking the riser height but I am not sure how to do that either (still new to revit). I appreciate any help that anybody can give me. Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
davidtetro
in reply to: cwright7080

Give this a shot: When creating the stair, set the 'Base Level' (in the properties palette when you are creating the stair) to the starting level (assuming Level 1). Set the 'Top Level' (in the properties palette when you are creating the stair) to the upper level that you want to stair to end on (assuming Level 2). Type in the desired number of risers or treads and the tread depth (all within the properties palette while making the stair). Click on your drawing area where youw want the stair sto start and drag your mous and the risers and treads will create based upon the parameters you set up regarding riser quantity and

tread depth.

You can also adjust the top and bottom offsets of the steps, whcih will start the stair either higher or lower than the starting level and end the steps either higher or lower than the top level.

Hope this helps...

Message 3 of 5
cwright7080
in reply to: davidtetro

Your first solution worked! Thank you so much dtdesign!

Message 4 of 5
davidtetro

No problem! Just lending a hand - glad I was able to help!

Message 5 of 5
A140811762

hi i am also new user and i am having same problem.My plan has ground first second and terrace.when i put the stairs its reaching upto first floor only.what to do

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report