Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair Handrails and tread shapes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gdfisher
1432 Views, 4 Replies

Stair Handrails and tread shapes

Does anyhone know how to change a stair Top Rail or handrail from a default pipe to a shaped wooden handrail (ex. under "Profiles - the "Handrail 2 5/8" x 2 3/8"? Also, is there a method to change the plan face shape of the ends of the treads? The ones I'm working on are part of a curved stairway which requires an end-to-end tapered face. I need to add an arc extension to each end of the beginning tread but can't find a way to edit the shape of an individual tread.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: gdfisher

You need to get into the properties to make these changes. You will need to load the profiles you want to use (create them if you need to) once you have them loaded you can get to the different area to choose those profiles.

I ahve some imaged attached. the first is the rail structure - once in this dialog box you can access the edit button of the rail structure. once there you can change out the profile for the top rail - see image profile. The profile needs to be in the project first to use it.

As for the stair tread - i have not changed that out much but you can... see attached image stair prop.

Hope this helps...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 5
gdfisher

Thanks for taking the time, Lisa. Works great! Youi pulled my virual feet out of the mud.

Message 4 of 5
LisaDrago

Glad to help!

Don't forget to accept as soultion - this helps others quickly find what worked.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 5
ecanady80

I have tried to change my top and middle handrail but when i click on the profile pull down i down get anything but W beams in it. i have loaded both 1" pipe and 1" plate into my drawing but it still will not show up on the pull down.

Please help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report