Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stair family

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
AltyZa
3181 Views, 10 Replies

stair family

hello

i would like to creat a stair family. everything go fine, except i cannot lock the array of the risers to the slab stair. i include three  files. Attachment one show the current development of the stair family. Attachment two shows when happening when flexing the geompetry. Attachment 3 is the revit family of the stair family.

best regards

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
BalajiHTI
in reply to: AltyZa

Hello Ami,
Is there any reason you chose to create a stair as a loadable rfa family instead of using the Stairs option within the project? Because for general purpose, the options to make stairs within the project itself give a variety of customization

Thanks!.
Message 3 of 11
AltyZa
in reply to: BalajiHTI

Hallo,

Yes, i have a good reason: stair Within revit do not provide any information about the QTO (Quantity Take Off). For us, it is essential to have the Volume  of concrete and the area of formwork.

can u help me with my matter 🙂

thank you

Message 4 of 11
L.Maas

It looks the threads in your family are created by an array from start to last.

I think, in this case, it is easier to control the steps if you create an array from 1st to 2nd.

With some additional reference lines you can move the second step with thread lengh horizontal and with riser length vertical. In combination with steps quantity you should be able to control your steps.

However it seems quite an effort to build your own stair tool.

Would, for example, a material schedule for the volume and a stair schedule for areas not give enough information to get the data from a normal revit stair?

maybe some addtional parameters have to be added to do some calculations?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

Instead of creating a parametric family of a stair, you could do one of these two things: 1) Figure out the volume of the stairs in a schedule of stairs, adding some calculated values and custom parameters. 2) Model the stair in a generic model family (not parametric, but as simple extrusions). Once this family is loaded into the project, the total volume will be displayed in the instance properties.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 11
AltyZa
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hallo

My question still did not answer. let me reform it again. if i had reference line with 45 degree. I would like to lock an array of objects to the extend of another object along the Refeference line so that they act as one object.

So how i can achieve this?

Message 7 of 11
L.Maas

In that case I would create an array of objects in a separate family (workplane based). Then nest that family in a family with the reference line to be rotated (also workplane based). Edit the workplane of the nested family to the reference line. By passing through parameter value you can control the array in the nested family.

However in case of your stairs I would approach it differently. As mentioned in my earlier post I would use some additional reference lines and array the step to the 2nd position by moving it up by riser height and to the side by the run length. Then your steps can move with position of your stairs.

Stairs 1.png

Stairs 2.png

Louis

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
AltyZa
in reply to: L.Maas

hallo

can you post me the the Revit family file.

thank you

Message 9 of 11
L.Maas

I see what I can do tomorrow and recreate it (I deleted it).

Louis

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
L.Maas

Hereby the family, unfortunately in Revit 2015 only.

Louis

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
MayowaKJ
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks for this info, works perfectly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report