Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
ottokaad
Message 1 of 8 (3,069 Views)

Stair cut line elevation

3069 Views, 7 Replies
03-11-2010 05:34 AM
Good morning,
Is there a way to change the elevation of the cut line for an individual stair without changing the cut line for the entire view? The only way I know change the cut line is thru View Properties > View Range > Cut Plane.

Thanks
Wiley
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 8 (3,069 Views)

Re: Stair cut line elevation

03-11-2010 05:59 AM in reply to: ottokaad
The other way is by View tab > Plan views > Plan region. > Draw a sketch, (usually a rectangle around the stairs, indicating the area where the cut plane is going to be different from the rest of the floor plan.) > Plan region properties > View range > raise or lower the height of the cut plane > ok > Finish the sketch.
If you need to go back and adjust the settings, you can always select the edge of the plan region, and edit the view range settings again, until it looks correct. At the end, you may want to hide the edge of the plan region.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Valued Contributor
ottokaad
Message 3 of 8 (3,069 Views)

03-11-2010 08:39 AM in reply to: ottokaad
Alfredo,
I created the plan region. I then changed the cut plane and every option in the dialog box. Changing the different elevations worked on a set of concrete steps, a storefront system and the walls surrounding the stairs, but the stairs themselves never changed! No matter what I did, the cut line for the stairs stayed in place. Am I missing something about these stairs? When I drew the region, I drew it well past the outline of the stairs so I know that the stairs were entirely enclosed within the region.

The stair is never affected no matter what I change.

Wiley
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 8 (3,069 Views)

03-11-2010 09:04 AM in reply to: ottokaad
It does change. Please look at the image I'm posting. We must be doing something differently.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Valued Contributor
ottokaad
Message 5 of 8 (3,069 Views)

03-11-2010 10:32 AM in reply to: ottokaad
Alfredo,
I created a new straight run stair and a new U shaped stair and the plan region worked correctly when I changed the elevation to 2'.

But the stairs I did Tuesday and Wednesday of this week are not affected by the plan region.

I am at a loss. The only thing different is the stairs that will not work are turned at a 45 degree angle.

But thanks for your help

Wiley
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 6 of 8 (3,069 Views)

03-11-2010 12:52 PM in reply to: ottokaad
Yes, the plan region shows a strange behaviour when the stairs are rotated. Very strange. If you make the region big enough, it works, but that's no good, because then the extents of the plan region start affecting other things. There seems to be a bug there.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com
Valued Contributor
ottokaad
Message 7 of 8 (3,069 Views)

03-11-2010 01:30 PM in reply to: ottokaad
You are absolutely right, if I make the plan region huge it works!
jawknee99
Message 8 of 8 (1,501 Views)

10-11-2012 06:46 AM in reply to: ottokaad

It is 2.5 years later and this is still broken.  Seriously Autodesk?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.