Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair cut line elevation

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ottokaad
7099 Views, 9 Replies

Stair cut line elevation

Good morning,
Is there a way to change the elevation of the cut line for an individual stair without changing the cut line for the entire view? The only way I know change the cut line is thru View Properties > View Range > Cut Plane.

Thanks
Wiley
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: ottokaad

The other way is by View tab > Plan views > Plan region. > Draw a sketch, (usually a rectangle around the stairs, indicating the area where the cut plane is going to be different from the rest of the floor plan.) > Plan region properties > View range > raise or lower the height of the cut plane > ok > Finish the sketch.
If you need to go back and adjust the settings, you can always select the edge of the plan region, and edit the view range settings again, until it looks correct. At the end, you may want to hide the edge of the plan region.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 10
ottokaad

Alfredo,
I created the plan region. I then changed the cut plane and every option in the dialog box. Changing the different elevations worked on a set of concrete steps, a storefront system and the walls surrounding the stairs, but the stairs themselves never changed! No matter what I did, the cut line for the stairs stayed in place. Am I missing something about these stairs? When I drew the region, I drew it well past the outline of the stairs so I know that the stairs were entirely enclosed within the region.

The stair is never affected no matter what I change.

Wiley
Message 4 of 10
Alfredo_Medina

It does change. Please look at the image I'm posting. We must be doing something differently.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 10
ottokaad

Alfredo,
I created a new straight run stair and a new U shaped stair and the plan region worked correctly when I changed the elevation to 2'.

But the stairs I did Tuesday and Wednesday of this week are not affected by the plan region.

I am at a loss. The only thing different is the stairs that will not work are turned at a 45 degree angle.

But thanks for your help

Wiley
Message 6 of 10
Alfredo_Medina

Yes, the plan region shows a strange behaviour when the stairs are rotated. Very strange. If you make the region big enough, it works, but that's no good, because then the extents of the plan region start affecting other things. There seems to be a bug there.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Message 7 of 10
ottokaad

You are absolutely right, if I make the plan region huge it works!
Message 8 of 10
jawknee99

It is 2.5 years later and this is still broken.  Seriously Autodesk?

Message 9 of 10
jrock7U4CJ

I too was having this issue and this thread solved it. Thanks!

Message 10 of 10
lukas.jpa

It's 11 years later and same behavior on rotated stairs - only works when you make the region big enough ^^

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report