Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair creation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tstewart
246 Views, 3 Replies

Stair creation

Whenever I try to create a stair, roof, floor, etc. the item is shown, although the plan is "greyed" out and I can't save the element. I do not have the option to "create" or discard, so how do I create an element that I can save?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbcarch
in reply to: tstewart

Try hitting Save button, this will sometimes "refresh" the Finish button. Or you can go to View>User Interface and uncheck all boxes and re-check, and see if the Finish button comes back.

Make sure you have the latest Update Release installed for your version of Revit, and that your graphics driver is up to date--as these will sometimes solve the problem.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 4
tstewart
in reply to: cbcarch

CBCARCH:

Thank you and I will give it a try. I just updated the graphics card drivers earlier this week...unless, auto update is disabled.

TStstewart
Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: tstewart

What version of Revit are you using?

Do you have .Net 4.5 installed on your computer?  If so, and you are using 2012, have you installed the hot fix that allows contextual ribbon panels/tabs to display properly?  If so, and you are using 2013, do you have Update Release 3 installed (fixes same issue)?

Links to the updates can be found here.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report