Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stainless Steel render quality

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
thaner9
5871 Views, 5 Replies

Stainless Steel render quality

I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the settings of different objects I want to have a standard brushed stainless steel material so that the material renders accurately. It always seems to look so distorted. I feel like most of the materials in Revit are this way too. Floors look overly glossy and "fake". I am not looking for photo realism, but it seems like there must be a solution based on image galleries I've seen online. Are there any tips out there for what settings to use to get materials with reflectivity to render more accurately?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
thaner9
in reply to: thaner9

This is an example...

The refrigerator is using these settings: METAL - Type: Stainless Steel, Finish: Semi-polished

Message 3 of 6
thaner9

This is another example of how "fake" my renderings are looking. Here the refrigerator looks slightly better, although I don't want reflectivity in the material. It's not supposed to be a mirrored surface, but a "satin" stainless steel, like a typical stainless steel fridge. I switched from Stainless Steel to a Polished-Aluminum.

The floors in the rendering have a Semi-Gloss finish to them according to the settings. According to this picture however, it looks like they have 3" of lacquer on them!

Message 4 of 6
vector2

For starters.

Message 5 of 6
gc
Participant

Render settings, draft, good, and best also affect the degree of distortion; high quality render setting gives less, if any, didtortion as seen in your images.

Message 6 of 6
thaner9
in reply to: vector2

Changing the Anti-Aliasing helped dramatically. Thank you.

I still feel like the floor is just too glossy, but maybe that's to be accepted as it's not photorealism, just a rendering. My fridge looks nicer as well, but doesn't illustrate brushed/satin stainless steel.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report