Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacked Wall - Structural use

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mmiles
2343 Views, 3 Replies

Stacked Wall - Structural use

I have many stacked wall assemblies in my project. When I create a structural floor plan (changing the discipline setting) several instances do not display.

This tells me that the instances do not have a parameter setting of bearing, foundation, or shear. But, how can I set this? I see no option within the stacked wall edit menu. and, the walls that make up the assembly have "instance" parameters for structural usage, but not type parameters.

so far, I am selecting the walls, changing the type to a basic wall type, setting the structural use, and they changing it back to a stacked wall type. Time consuming, but it works...sort of. The problem with this method is that it is deleting wall sweeps and other hosted objects.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mmiles

I seem to remember when I needed to do this, I hovered over the wall and tabbed until I saw the sub-wall component identified on the status bar. Then I could select it, go to the properties and change the structural status.

I also seem to recall that I needed to be in a 3D, elevation or section view to do this.

Michael Schwartz
Message 3 of 4
mmiles
in reply to: mmiles

ah hah! Yes, that is the trick! thanks.
Message 4 of 4
cmueller
in reply to: Anonymous

Life saver. I was ready to redraw all my walls as structural stacked walls. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report