Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacked Wall Issue: Can this wall even be created?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
paul.ashley
179 Views, 0 Replies

Stacked Wall Issue: Can this wall even be created?

I am trying to create my first stacked wall system.  The person who started the wall created it in 4 sections but I am trying to reduce that to three by combining sections 2 and 3.  For some reason I can't get it to work, possibly because the entire approach is wrong or because it's technically impossible.  Can this be done at all?  I really don't want to have to split this into two stacked walls.

AttachedFor some technical reason I'm unable to directly upload a file so I've attadched a DropBox link instead.  The zip file contains a project with only the stacked wall and an image file showing the context.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chcrax36o5ch778/Stacked%20Wall%20Issue.zip

Section 1

A brick cavity wall that goes from slab to joist bearing.  The important feature is that the interior sheathing stops at joist bearing level.

Section 2

An extension of Section 1 going to the Top of Brick level that may or may not have interior side sheathing, depending on whether the wall is supported by kickers above the roof.

Section 3

The cap on the brick as the wall transitions to a thinner parapet material on the top section

Section 4

Top section of wall tied to top of parapet.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report