Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot Level Problem

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
tonkata
7427 Views, 9 Replies

Spot Level Problem

I've created a simple ramp extending from Level 1 to Level 2.

If I attempt to add spot levels in my level 1 plan view, it won't work, however on level 2 I seem to have no problem.

Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2012-08-09 at 6.45.24 PM.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: tonkata

hi

1- selected Created ramp

2- Click on the Edit type

3- change the ramp max Slop(1* x)

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
tonkata
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

Tried that, didn't work?

Screen Shot 2012-08-09 at 10.06.02 PM.png

Screen-Shot-2012-08-09-at-10.08.jpg

Message 4 of 10
Alfredo_Medina

First :Credits to Jeff Hanson.

Place a spot elevation on a floor, first. Then, move it to the ramp. Seems like a litte bug to me. But it has been that way for several versions of Revit, and it is still like that in 2013. Don't ask me why. I don't know. 🙂

spot_at_ramp.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 10
tonkata
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Jeff, your a life saver... that worked a treat, cheers.

Message 6 of 10
loboarch

Getting credit for solving a problem in a thread I never posted in.  I like it!   Smiley Very Happy

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 10
richardw

Cool trick. Doesn't work in section or elevation.

Message 8 of 10
jbcma27
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

@GHASEM_ARIYANI wrote:

hi

1- selected Created ramp

2- Click on the Edit type

3- change the ramp max Slop(1* x)

Thanks gh_ar, my ramp was at 1/4"/12" or 1/48, and the type was set to max 1/45.  I have no idea why, as that's an odd increment, or why that prevents the tag from being applied, but problem solved!

Message 9 of 10
doug.r

Brilliant ... Fanx

Message 10 of 10

Still like that in 2021... could any of the lawyers at Autodesk stop counting their money and actually let developers do their job, or is it that NO ONE ate Autodesk ever listen to how frustrated end users get with issues that have been plaguing Revit forever and are yet to be addressed 10 YEARS ON. A pro-active Autodesk would be beyond this World, but could you at least be reactive. It is not like you received a letter from all the largest Architects firms telling you they have had enough to be your cash cow now, is it... This ramp thing is ridiculous, no one has time to waste trying to figure a way to fudge the inadequacies of Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report