Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spot elevations stopped working?!?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3209 Views, 6 Replies

spot elevations stopped working?!?

I have a topography model that I've been working with for a while now, and all of a sudden the spot elevation stopped working. I have one spot elevation that works, that i can move around and it'll change to the right plus height. But as soon as i try to make a new one it just says -0.05 no matter where i put it except for if i hover over a stair, then it displays the correct plus height.

I'm confused.

Anyone knows what might have gone wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

It could be that the topography is located above the top plane and cut plane of the current view. By default, these planes are at 200'. If the site is at a higher elevation, the spot elevation tool won't be able to "see" the topography. Look in an elevation view if this is the case, and if it is, raise the values of the top and cut plane in the site view and try again.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Already checked and that's not the case. Also, I have one old spot elevation that works, if I move that one around it shows the right height, but any new ones or copies of that old one show -0.5.

Message 4 of 7
constantin.stroescu

check if, by mistake the type properties of spot elevations was changed ...it could became,  by mistake Relative

• select the spot elvation marker 
  • from Properties> Edit Type >Text > Elevation Origin ....There are three options there: Project, Shared and Relative...normaly for terrain I use Shared as absolute values or Project if I want to refer to the building levels
  • If Relative is active then the spot elevations refers to a certain level and from Properties you can control the Constrain>Relative Base

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

all of a sudden, 2 weeks later, they're working again. Good old Revit bugs 🙂

Thanks for the suggestions though, will keep them in mind for future issues!

Message 6 of 7
constantin.stroescu

see also if it is not here the cause :

select the spot elevation  in Properties> Text >Display Elevations...you have here some options..Bottom, Top....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

I HAVE FOUND THE BUG!!!!

I not sure if Autodesk did this on purpose but here's the solution. Revit spot elevations automatically default through the Topo surface if there is a floor underneath it. So essentially do not put floors under Topo surface if you want to see the spot elevation of the topo surface.

This may be the last resort if the above did not work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report