Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Contributor
timwaldock5907
Message 1 of 4 (694 Views)

Spot Elevation text wrong in rotated dependant views

694 Views, 3 Replies
09-27-2012 05:23 PM

I have just discovered that Spot Elevation text is mesbehaving in rotated dependant views:

If you have an orthogonal parent plan view, then create a dependant view from it, then rotate just that dependant view, then place a spot elevation - the spot elevation symbol respects the rotation of the view (ie its paralel to screen/view boundary), but the spot elevation text remains in the orientation of the parent view.  see attached image.

This does not happen if you rotate a normal Revit plan view; nor does it happen with a callout - both cases the symbol and the text are parallel to the view boundary.  I think this is a bug?

Contributor
timwaldock5907
Message 2 of 4 (667 Views)

Re: Spot Elevation text wrong in rotated dependant views

10-02-2012 09:14 PM in reply to: timwaldock5907

Just to clarify this question I have attached the Revit project file to demonstrate the problem.  The workflow to recreate this is simple:

1. Create some orthogonal geometry in the model (for reference) in a plan view
  2. Place a spot elevation annotation element somewhere on the model.  It does not matter if the spot elevation has an attached symbol in it, but it helps to clarify the problem if it does have one.
  3. Duplicate the plan view as a dependant view.
  4. Crop the dependant view close in to the spot elevation.
  5. Select the crop boundary of the dependant view.
  6. Rotate it by a random amount eg 30 degrees.
  7. Note that the text withing the spot elevation does not rotate with the dependant view, while everything else does.  Annotation symbolds within the spot elevation DO rotate with the iew.
  8. Place a new spot elevation - note that it does the same thing
Contributor
bburling
Message 3 of 4 (575 Views)

12-17-2012 01:18 PM in reply to: timwaldock5907

Tim,

Did you get this sorted? I'm having the same problem in 2013.

Regards,

Brett

http://brevitb.blogspot.com.au/
Contributor
timwaldock5907
Message 4 of 4 (565 Views)

12-17-2012 01:59 PM in reply to: bburling

Hi Brett,

I had this problem on v2012 & 2013 (probably earlier), but sadly no fix yet.  I've formally reprted it to Autodesk and I believe that it is now in the system registered as a bug to be fixed.  I've heard from other people who have also had this problem, so the more people who report it as a bug, the better chance it has of being addressed sooner.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.