Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot Elevation text wrong in rotated dependant views

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
timwaldock5907
4292 Views, 6 Replies

Spot Elevation text wrong in rotated dependant views

I have just discovered that Spot Elevation text is mesbehaving in rotated dependant views:

If you have an orthogonal parent plan view, then create a dependant view from it, then rotate just that dependant view, then place a spot elevation - the spot elevation symbol respects the rotation of the view (ie its paralel to screen/view boundary), but the spot elevation text remains in the orientation of the parent view.  see attached image.

This does not happen if you rotate a normal Revit plan view; nor does it happen with a callout - both cases the symbol and the text are parallel to the view boundary.  I think this is a bug?

RevitCat
Revit Consultant
Sydney
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Just to clarify this question I have attached the Revit project file to demonstrate the problem.  The workflow to recreate this is simple:

1. Create some orthogonal geometry in the model (for reference) in a plan view
  2. Place a spot elevation annotation element somewhere on the model.  It does not matter if the spot elevation has an attached symbol in it, but it helps to clarify the problem if it does have one.
  3. Duplicate the plan view as a dependant view.
  4. Crop the dependant view close in to the spot elevation.
  5. Select the crop boundary of the dependant view.
  6. Rotate it by a random amount eg 30 degrees.
  7. Note that the text withing the spot elevation does not rotate with the dependant view, while everything else does.  Annotation symbolds within the spot elevation DO rotate with the iew.
  8. Place a new spot elevation - note that it does the same thing
RevitCat
Revit Consultant
Sydney
Message 3 of 7
bburling
in reply to: timwaldock5907

Tim,

Did you get this sorted? I'm having the same problem in 2013.

Regards,

Brett

Regards,
Brett
Message 4 of 7
timwaldock5907
in reply to: bburling

Hi Brett,

I had this problem on v2012 & 2013 (probably earlier), but sadly no fix yet.  I've formally reprted it to Autodesk and I believe that it is now in the system registered as a bug to be fixed.  I've heard from other people who have also had this problem, so the more people who report it as a bug, the better chance it has of being addressed sooner.

RevitCat
Revit Consultant
Sydney
Message 5 of 7
aazenband

Hi, has anyone heard about a solution to this?

I am using revit 2015, and this issue is still present. 

Thank you

Message 6 of 7
zerocool64

Workaround: Create a small leader and turn off Leader Arrowheads in Type Properties.

Steps:

1. In your dependant view, start creating a Spot Elevation.

2. Check "Leaders" (Do not need to check "Shoulder").

3. Click on the floor element you wish to annotate.

4. Click again to create a small leader horizontal so that it is naturally hidden by the spot elevation line.

5. Click a third time to finish the spot elevation

6. Ensure any Leader Arrowheads are turned off in the Type Properties.

Attached is a sample floor plan view.

Message 7 of 7
AaronEllsworth
in reply to: zerocool64

Thanks for posting zerocool64The secret seems to be removing the shoulder check box. When that is unchecked the text seems to follow the angle of the small leader line.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report