Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot elevation - seperating finish and concrete

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ArchFarah
2940 Views, 2 Replies

Spot elevation - seperating finish and concrete

I realized that the spot elevation when used in floor plan is giving the value of the floor finish upper layer.
Usually in architecture plans we also add the concrete level in order to explain the different levels between finishes and construction plans.
I didn't find any way to solve this issue, but i guess that it is an easy task for experienced users?
Any ideas?
Thank u
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

In my opinion the best solution would be if you made (as in real life) two floors instead of one:

1. the first floor will be the structural one and it will be the structural engineer job to detail it . It will contain only the structure layers (concrete or/and steel structures) The upper part of this floor will be at a negative value in Hight Offset from Level (at us usually -0,05 m )
  2. the second floor will be the architectural floor that will contain all non structural layers ( the job of the architect). This floor will have the upper level at the Level height and the bottom ,of course, at the upper level of the structural floor. This allows to have diferent floor layers and finishes even if the structural concrete slab remains unchanged.
  3. when you place (on a Floor Level ) a Spot Elevation , choose from Display Elevation the option Top and Bottom Elevation (if you want to have both finish and structure-concrete elevation) or only bottom (if you want only the structure elevation to appear)

In fact the method described above is exactly how it happens on the building site : first they cast the concrete slab and later make the other finishing layers...

Using Parts could be an alternative but I don't think that it can work better....

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Constantin is right on that modeling 2 floors is the correct way of doing it.

There is, however, a way that you can still place Spot Elevations picking up from your upper layer values.

You will need to Create Parts for the floors in question. Enable Parts Visibility in your Floor plan view and set the View Range so that Parts actually show (more on this on Harlan Brumm's post)

Have a look at my screencast.

Assistant BIM/CAD Manager

Manchester, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report