Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spot elevation customize

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Joris.vd.Meulen
2151 Views, 5 Replies

spot elevation customize

k,here we go,

I want a level height indication on my floorplans. Found the option 'spot elevation' which does that. Good.

However I would like to adjust it's looks (to our standards).

I can't figure out how to change the suffix of a height.

This is what it should look like:

|          |

|  3000+P  |

|__________|

so

the height is spottable

"+" could also be "-" depending which level is spotted

"P" is a suffix needed for every spotted level.

Any thoughts / suggestions?

3Pinter

love python coding
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Select the spot elevation instance. There are parameters for suffix and prefix in the properties dialog. About the graphics, go to edit type and change settings for arrow or symbol, or modify the family.

See illustration.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6

The design is do-able. 

I noticed the instance suffix/prefix properties but I would like those suffix/prefix in the type-properties. Every spot elevation needs it's +P or -P suffix.

Possible?

love python coding
Message 4 of 6

Yes, it is possible. A generic annotation family with a label, nested into the spot elevation, and handled by types.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6

Alfredo,

Maybe a lot to ask from you, but do have an example. I'm kind a lost. I can't edit the spot-elevation (symbol yes). But that doesn't adds any +P etc.

love python coding
Message 6 of 6

k,

I made a little project to show my problems:

• using a square as spot elevation symbol works.
  • if I use the instance property 'suffix' it adds an additional 'space' 500 +P which should be 500+P
  • spotelevation should 'add' the correct suffix automaticly: 500+P if above 0. 500-P if below 0.

I can't figure it out.

plz help.

3Pinter

love python coding

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report