Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting model into separate files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Piestar
2437 Views, 3 Replies

Splitting model into separate files

We're splitting a big (not oversized) model into 3 in order to send to different companies for tender.
The reason for splitting is to ensure privacy for the other areas they don't need to know about.

Could someone suggest the best method to seperate model, views, sheets, tags, basically everything.

[ Piestar // Interested in all things Revit & BIM ]
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
K_R_Venkat
in reply to: Piestar

Hi,

Have u tried with "Group"? if not try to make group and save as a Separate (Clipped) .rvt file.

STEPS

First Select all the elements, "Create Group" with specifc Name.

And locate that same Group in the Project Browser under Group->Model, Select it, Right Click and "save Group".

That will give u a separate .rvt File.

Hope this will help u.

Venkat.PR

Message 3 of 4
Piestar
in reply to: K_R_Venkat

In the end I decided to create a load of different projects based on the original - then delete what I didn't want in each one!
Maybe a bit controversial but it worked.

Thanks for the reply anyway.
[ Piestar // Interested in all things Revit & BIM ]
Message 4 of 4
damo3
in reply to: Piestar

As long as its not a regular process i guess. What happens if they know about it?

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report