Revit Architecture

anitacooksey
Message 1 of 4 (942 Views)
Accepted Solution

Split face on curved walls

942 Views, 3 Replies
11-03-2012 04:21 AM

I am using Split Face to colour rooms in my floor plan. This works perfectly for all the rooms with straight walls. When I try to Split Face on a room facing the exterior of the building (where the floor slab is slightly curved), I get the error message, "Ends of an open loop in sketch splitting face do not lie on an edge of the face to split". Is there a 'work around' this? (No amount of 'zoomming in' to try and get the picked face directly in the correct spot seems to work.

Split face and Edit Profile work on planar surfaces, only, not on curved surfaces. The alternative, even for flat surfaces, is to model the finish layers as separate wall elements, thin walls with the true thickness and materials. The same applies to floors.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 4 (937 Views)

Re: Split face on curved walls

11-03-2012 05:30 AM in reply to: anitacooksey

Split face and Edit Profile work on planar surfaces, only, not on curved surfaces. The alternative, even for flat surfaces, is to model the finish layers as separate wall elements, thin walls with the true thickness and materials. The same applies to floors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
anitacooksey
Message 3 of 4 (920 Views)

11-03-2012 04:44 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks so much. That's very helpful.

Mentor
mike
Message 4 of 4 (889 Views)

11-05-2012 04:44 AM in reply to: anitacooksey

Just remember, that if you have penetrations in these "layered" WALLS, such as Doors or Windows,, you'll need to use ht Join command in order for the opening to go thru all of the components.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
Building Design Suite Ultimate 2013, 2014, 2015
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.