Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split face on curved walls

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
anitacooksey
8125 Views, 3 Replies

Split face on curved walls

I am using Split Face to colour rooms in my floor plan. This works perfectly for all the rooms with straight walls. When I try to Split Face on a room facing the exterior of the building (where the floor slab is slightly curved), I get the error message, "Ends of an open loop in sketch splitting face do not lie on an edge of the face to split". Is there a 'work around' this? (No amount of 'zoomming in' to try and get the picked face directly in the correct spot seems to work.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Split face and Edit Profile work on planar surfaces, only, not on curved surfaces. The alternative, even for flat surfaces, is to model the finish layers as separate wall elements, thin walls with the true thickness and materials. The same applies to floors.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

Thanks so much. That's very helpful.

Message 4 of 4
VWD-MLM
in reply to: anitacooksey

Just remember, that if you have penetrations in these "layered" WALLS, such as Doors or Windows,, you'll need to use ht Join command in order for the opening to go thru all of the components.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report