Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

split face floor per phase

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chrisdawsonarchitect
1209 Views, 2 Replies

split face floor per phase

the situtation is splitting a floor face in the exiting phase to "paint" the floor tile pattern in the existing restrooms and then removing that once in the new phase and resplitting to "paint" the new pattern...

is it possible to split a floor face in existing phase, paint it, then move to new face and un-split and paint it to create a new split and new paint?

any experinece in doing this / failing at this would be appreciated

Dave Franknecht
Graduate Architect
Chris Dawson Architect
Harrisburg, PA
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Don´t do floors with paint and split face. That is very anti-BIM. Create your finish floor as a thin floor element, on top of the structural floor, as it really is. By doing this, you can assign one finish in one face, and another finish in another face, or no finish in one phase, and finish in the next phase, etc.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
ccastelein
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Sorry to revive such an old post, but what do you mean by a "thin" floor. if  you mean like a 1/4" tile with a 1/4" thickness above the floor?... this will cover any line work a family may have at the floor level, and any model or annotative line work.

for example, in my door family i have all the pull and push side clearances in the door family, at level. if i put a "thin floor" this will cover my line work needed to design walls and doors. so a "thin floor" of any thickness will cover this. if i put the new floor at the level then both hatches show at the same time.. this is unacceptable.

the only way, i have been able to do this is to create TWO floors in different worksets, 1 in existing/demo and 1 in existing/new and adjust visibility parameters for each.

Please clarify...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report