Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something New something different? 6.1 vs. 7.0

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
162 Views, 2 Replies

Something New something different? 6.1 vs. 7.0

Attached is a generic wall cabinet. The cabinet is modeled and given a mounting height parameter from finished floor. In 6.1 I could place symbolic lines in the plan view so that when I change the mounting height the symbolic line will still show in plan. In 7.0 when I change the mounting height the symbolic line moves also. Why won't the symbolic lines stay at 0’-0” A.F.F.? Works fine in 6.1.

Next

1. In the plan view of the family, I added model lines.
2. Reloaded the family into the project, and overwrite everything (parameters).

Both model lines and symbolic lines show.
I then can adjust the mounting height and it functions.
As soon as I remove the model lines from the family, and reload it into the project the symbolic lines go away.

Am I doing something wrong?
Is this a bug?

I've been work in Revit for awhile now, 3 1/2 years, first time this has happened.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I see nothing wrong with the family. It works as expected. The symbolic lines show up from 0 to the top of whatever the view range is set to. Is your view range set to below a level that would intersect the cabinet? "priority" wrote in message news:2371652.1108999721450.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... Attached is a generic wall cabinet. The cabinet is modeled and given a mounting height parameter from finished floor. In 6.1 I could place symbolic lines in the plan view so that when I change the mounting height the symbolic line will still show in plan. In 7.0 when I change the mounting height the symbolic line moves also. Why won't the symbolic lines stay at 0 '-0" A.F.F.? Works fine in 6.1. Next 1. In the plan view of the family, I added model lines. 2. Reloaded the family into the project, and overwrite everything (parameters). Both model lines and symbolic lines show. I then can adjust the mounting height and it functions. As soon as I remove the model lines from the family, and reload it into the project the symbolic lines go away. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? I've been work in Revit for awhile now, 3 1/2 years, first time this has happened.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Oops. I over looked something. Thanks Aaron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report