Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some elements invisible on room and area panel

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
400 Views, 8 Replies

some elements invisible on room and area panel

i guess there should be room, room separator and tag room in the room and area panel. how can i make them visible?

ribbon.gif

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

That looks strange. What version of Revit you are using?

Mine is Revit 2014, and it looks like this, and the panel is in the Architecture tab:

11-30-2013 7-22-29 AM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 9
constantin.stroescu

These comands are for Gross Building Area and Rentable Area calculations. The comand will be activated after you'll create an Area Plan for Gross Area or Rentable Area View...

1. from Architecture >Area >Area Plan >New Area Plan >Type -choose between Rentable and Gross Building Areas > choose for what level(s) you want to make Views
  2. New View (s) will be created in Area Plans (Properties) - these Views control areas of larger type than Rooms.....Areas by department, rentable and gross building
  3. In these new Views you can,now , use Area Boundaries....you can study rentable areas ore gros areas even for sketches then from Area >Area - , before drawing walls....
  4. Schedules of Areas  (Areas (Gross Building) and Areas (Rental) can control the process

Image 356.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

mine is revit structure 2014
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

first of all thanks for advice, i try this method but it is not handy. i wonder is there any options to come back those unseen elements

Message 6 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

Does Revit Structure have the room tools?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 9
rosskirby

I think the reason they don't appear is that either your monitor is too small, or the resolution is set too low.  If you've got a widescreen monitor (like most modern monitors), then you'll see those icons by default.  If you've got a low screen resolution or a 4:3 aspect ratio monitor, then you won't see them.  This is hard wired to preven the buttons/icons from getting too small to be legible.  If you click on the little drop down arrow on the bottom of that panel, you'll see the remainder of the tools.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

no, it has not.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rosskirby

the resolution is 1366x768. probably you are right. bu t i don't understand that when i click drop down arrow i just see that: 

ribb.jpg

room tool still doesn't exist 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report