Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLID MASS, SOLID ELEMENT WITH MATERIAL

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aalonsojaver
416 Views, 3 Replies

SOLID MASS, SOLID ELEMENT WITH MATERIAL

I need to add a kind of layer to my  roof to represent an "empastado", and element that we add to the constructions in México, the way I created this element is using  a Mass.

I want to make the mass solid to add it a material, but i cant, because the mass is divide it in faces, exists something in revit thats create like a solid element with the form that i want?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: aalonsojaver

I'm not sure on the material you want to add but in any event all you can really do is add the layer to the roof family, or create a roof type that only contains the layer and create that on top of another roof. Go here for information on Roof Properties: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/0328-Build_th328/0330-Architec330/0...

Thanks for posting and I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4
aalonsojaver

Thank you for your answer

I dont know if that going to result with a Roof, beacuse I need to unit de point 1 with the point 2 (image), when I modify the subelements of the roof or floor, the thickness dont change, only the slope.

Message 4 of 4
alan.quinn

I'm still not clear on your questing and your last image is not helpful. If you create a floor or roof by MASS you should be able to set up the thickness first, then apply it. Updating after by changing the properties will allow you to change the thickness.

Thanks for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report