Revit Architecture

*Glenn Nelson
Message 1 of 5 (69 Views)

Solid imported from ACAD

69 Views, 4 Replies
11-07-2004 05:11 PM
I created a large boulder using 3d faces & imported it OK into Revit. But it won't let me assign a material so it ends up looking very plain. Ideas?
*Scott Davis
Message 2 of 5 (69 Views)

Re: Solid imported from ACAD

11-07-2004 05:49 PM in reply to: *Glenn Nelson
create a generic family, import the 3D into the family, then assign materials. Place the family in a project. "Glenn Nelson" wrote in message news:418ec7b9$1_1@newsprd01... > I created a large boulder using 3d faces & imported it OK into Revit. But it > won't let me assign a material so it ends up looking very plain. Ideas? > >
*Glenn Nelson
Message 3 of 5 (69 Views)

11-07-2004 06:26 PM in reply to: *Glenn Nelson
That's what I did up front & there isn't a property value in the 3D import that will accept a material designation. I've taken the liberty to attach my cheesy rock. "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:418ecfce$1_2@newsprd01... create a generic family, import the 3D into the family, then assign materials. Place the family in a project. "Glenn Nelson" wrote in message news:418ec7b9$1_1@newsprd01... > I created a large boulder using 3d faces & imported it OK into Revit. But it > won't let me assign a material so it ends up looking very plain. Ideas? > >
Active Contributor
Miguel Miranda
Message 4 of 5 (69 Views)

11-08-2004 03:28 AM in reply to: *Glenn Nelson
Open your family and in the family editor go to "setings" - "materials", and there you have a "render material 127-79-63". This is the material assigned to your rock. Just rename it, change texture......etc..whatever you want , and close the dialog box "ok".

Regards
Miguel Miranda
Distinguished Contributor
sbrown
Message 5 of 5 (69 Views)

11-08-2004 05:17 AM in reply to: *Glenn Nelson
The material is assigned by layer, check your object styles under imports and if you know what layer your rock is on, just change that layers materials.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.