Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid imported from ACAD

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
184 Views, 4 Replies

Solid imported from ACAD

I created a large boulder using 3d faces & imported it OK into Revit. But it won't let me assign a material so it ends up looking very plain. Ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

create a generic family, import the 3D into the family, then assign materials. Place the family in a project. "Glenn Nelson" wrote in message news:418ec7b9$1_1@newsprd01... > I created a large boulder using 3d faces & imported it OK into Revit. But it > won't let me assign a material so it ends up looking very plain. Ideas? > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

That's what I did up front & there isn't a property value in the 3D import that will accept a material designation. I've taken the liberty to attach my cheesy rock. "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:418ecfce$1_2@newsprd01... create a generic family, import the 3D into the family, then assign materials. Place the family in a project. "Glenn Nelson" wrote in message news:418ec7b9$1_1@newsprd01... > I created a large boulder using 3d faces & imported it OK into Revit. But it > won't let me assign a material so it ends up looking very plain. Ideas? > >
Message 4 of 5
Miguel Miranda

Open your family and in the family editor go to "setings" - "materials", and there you have a "render material 127-79-63". This is the material assigned to your rock. Just rename it, change texture......etc..whatever you want , and close the dialog box "ok".

Regards
Miguel Miranda
Message 5 of 5
sbrown

The material is assigned by layer, check your object styles under imports and if you know what layer your rock is on, just change that layers materials.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report